Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Worried Woman

Yes, I've gone from Wonder Woman, to Worried Woman.

For the second year in a row, I've been asked to speak at one of the largest journalism conferences. Last year I had such an amazing time doing it, so naturally I couldn't say no. But I also remember that by this time last year, all of my presentation slides were complete (heck, they were done 4 months in advance!) and all I was doing was rehashing and refining my lecture. Wonder Woman, indeed.

Flash forward.

There's 40 days left until this year's conference and only half of my slides are complete. I'm not even sure I have the right message down. Worried Woman. In a household of superheroes, I definitely have not been pulling my weight on that front. But instead of finding the energy deep inside a tall salted caramel mocha,  *ahem* myself, I'm thinking about.... vacation.

I need it. We need it.

Costa Rica. Only 8 days left until we're away from civilization for a while, celebrating our 2nd anniversary...

All I can think about is... just get there. 

That is, until I heard on the news tonight that there are two hurricanes headed right to that country -- and will probably be there by the time we arrive. Worried Woman overtime!

Productivity, come back to me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment