Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What Movies Are Made Of

A movie is being shot in my apartment complex and all down my street. And it reignited a spark of confidence inside me. It made me realize that this life I'm living is what movies are made of -- young journalist dreams big in the Apple. Fails. Succeeds. Fails. Succeeds.

I'm jumping to conclusions. Maybe that's not the movie. Maybe it's financial mogul turns world's losses into personal gains. Yes, that's Apple. Or maybe it's about a bipolar ballet dancer. Lord KNOWS that is Apple material right there.

I don't know why I didn't believe it when a coworker said, "people make movies about people like us."

No way, I thought. My life is too scattered. My apartment is too small. I already found the love of my life, so there's no man-drama for me.

Then, she reminded me about something that for certain reasons, I can't share here. It was followed that lift of an eyebrow telling me to stop thinking and start doing. That shut me up real fast.

It doesn't really matter what the hustle is all about right outside of my door. I just know that walking home today, I felt this shower of confidence, this overwhelming feeling of blessing come over me that I have this opportunity to be living what movies are made of -- if only for a good and defined period of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment