Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oysterfest 2011

Superman lost alot of weight these past couple of weeks. I've been feeding the man, I promise. But I can't seem to keep enough food in him to counter all the training he's been doing for the Academy.

Thankfully, this weekend -- our final weekend together before he starts the Academy -- we quit the running around, took a few days off from training, and laid back with our friends and family. This weekend also happened to be Oysterfest on the Cape. So what better excuse to hang with my old roommate Julie and her fun fam, and just...

EAT.


AND EAT...


AND EAT...


I think we did a proper sendoff for Superman as he embarks on the toughest 5 months of his life. 

This trip to Oysterfest was a year in the making. Julie and I planned my presence at Oysterfest since last October, and I really wanted to make good on that deal. The added bonus was that Superman was around to experience it too.

Oysterfest was everything I ever hoped it would be and more... and as always, the Ferro fam did not disappoint.


 I don't think we could've asked for a better way to spend the last free weekend we'll have in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment