Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

One Year Later...

Dear 1-year anniversary,
You snuck up so quickly and are now cramping my newlywed style!
No, but seriously though. 
If you asked me on my wedding day where I think I would be for our first anniversary, I would’ve said that I’d probably be at home waiting for Superman’s phone call from Afghanistan. But God is good. So in reality, I am at home waiting for Superman to come home with a “surprise.”
Whatever that surprise is, the true surprise is that Superman is home. And we are here together.
Every year that we have been together has been dramatically different, and I know that this coming year will be no different. There will be some dramatic changes in the Super household. For one, Superman starts the State Police Academy later this month. For 6 months, he’ll be “deployed.”  And that’s something we’ll have to endure. We’re contemplating a new home, and some new adventures. But as you now know, I’m terrible at accurately predicting the year ahead. Every Army wife is.
People have told us many times that the first year is the hardest. Compared to what we have already endured, this year has been by far the easiest and most fun. We are so thankful for our family and friends who’ve really set us up and walked with us in the right direction.
I loved our wedding day (even though I was a nervous wreck). But I’ve got to say, I’ve loved every day after even more.





Our last shot of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment