Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Why I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw


1. I can't "get by" as a writer by frolicking around my apartment in my underwear. Writing is hard work. Does inspiration come while I'm in my underwear? Maybe for Superman it does... But I actually have to wear business attire to spin hay into gold. 

2. Serial dating makes my head spin. Okay, I'll give her the fact that in marriagehood, you do begin to miss the surprises (there's alot more nudging the man in the "right" direction rather than having him come out ahead unexpectedly). But I'm with Charlotte on this one -- there are too many crazies out there and I wouldn't give up being a Wife in the City for anything.

3. I have a four-legged pet, who always has my undivided attention. Does that, by default, make me a better Appleite than her?

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment