Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Keep In Touch

One of the great things about this city is that people who say they'll visit, actually visit.

Yes, the city is tough to navigate, but many are enamored by Apple living, and every so often they need to get their overwhelming big city fix.

Lucky for us, we're here to receive.

Being in this city has given me the opportunity to reconnect with friends and colleagues that I haven't seen in a long time. Like, Jenny... a former coworker turned friend who I met when I started the job I'm in now 4 years ago.


In the four years since we worked together -- while I've been planting my feet in my career -- Jenny has moved to a different state, almost wrapped up her Master's, spent time in Bangladesh, and in a few months will be country hopping for a new position she recently accepted. 

Amazing. Meeting with her definitely reinforced that "adventure fever" I'm having.  

No comments:

Post a Comment