Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pay it Forward

The big apple is full of bigs. Big bankers, big celebs, big musicians, big dogs, big accents... even Carrie's Mr. Big.

And after a while of livin in the big city, it's safe to say that you're not an appleite if at many points in your life you don't start to think that you're, in some sense, big.

Sometimes, it's appropriate. Say, for example, you think you're too big for some of the apartments here. Sounds about right.

But sometimes, big can mean ego, can mean entitlement, can mean bigger, can mean forgetting the simple things. It's yucky, and big, and that's when you know you've gotta squash that big thing.

And I do that by be being grateful. Every day I make a list of five things I'm grateful for. And if it's a person -- I let them know! In person. In phone calls. In real written letters! (primitive, I know -- yet it means so much!)





So thank you, Arthur, for donating your suite for the "Seats for Soldiers" program and giving us a Celtics experience we will never forget!

Yeah, that's right. I'm bringing "thank you's" back. Don't thank me. Just pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment