Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Friday, September 9, 2011

This Time Last Year

I've been noticing lately that this time last year, my life was totally different.

For example, last year, I was training for this:


Please excuse the ridonkulously exhausted face.



Now, my out of shape bum is trying to find the hours in the day to get back the toned arms and kick of endorphin. Forgetting what songs are in my iPod is motivation enough. Not to mention getting pummeled with wedding  invitations...

I'm missing the weekend love affairs with my ipod arm band. I'm missing my weekday self-acknowledgment of my weekend grown healthy tush. My running shoes are missing the dirt of Central Park Saturdays and Sundays. 

Oh weekend warrior, where have you gone!???!!

That's it. I've got to take back my Saturdays and Sundays. Starting next week. Sign me up for something! Anything!


1 comment: