Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Big Easy

Superman and I are down in New Orleans this week.


Technically we're down here because I'm speaking at a conference , but of course it's also a chance to catch up with my family that lives nearby. And dunk our faces in some darn good beignets.

My cousin and my aunt drove in from Baton Rouge last night, and they showed us all the pretty (and not so pretty) sites of New Orleans. We absolutely had a blast.




Bourbon St. is ridiculous. Seriously, the innocence in me is totally gone. At one point, a not so sober man decided he wanted to whisk my aunt away. Really. He wanted to marry her.



Yes. We almost married my aunt off last night...

I can only imagine what tonight will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment