Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Burb Girl

Now that I've let my coworkers know about what's to come, I've started to feel better about this upcoming move. In fact, a few got a bit emotional about my city to suburb move -- one even saying, "you're going to have a backyard!"

Oh my goodness. She's right.

There's also going to be more room to do this:



But I also think that just like the rite of passage to be a city girl, there's also a rite of passage to become a  burb girl. Things like:
  • In bed by 10. (because let's face it. nothing is open after 9p.m.)
  • Start or Join a Book Club (sounds burby.)
  • Never worry about buying only the amount of groceries you can carry (welcome back car!)
  • Backyard BBQs and sidewalk chalk (because we own our grass, and our driveway).
Don't get me wrong -- I will definitely suffer some post-Manhattan depression.

But more sleep? More food? More reading? More friend face time? Sign me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment