Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Riding in Style

Being a frequent bus rider, I've learned that there are just as many people trying to leave the apple as there are trying to get in. Oftentimes that leaves me waiting in long lines for shady buses that may or may not show. And once I'm in, it's inevitable I'll be stuck on the stuffy bus hours longer than the listed 4 hours.

I've travelled my whole life, but nothing gets to me more than the bus rides that need to be taken if Superman and I are ever going to see each other.  Maybe I don't hate the bus. Maybe I just hate everything the bus stands for. No wait, I also hate the bus.

I usually experience a mini anxiety attack minutes before getting on the bus to or away from Superman. And Superman knows this. So to ease my anxiety, he surprised me by getting me a ticket on the Limo Liner -- an ultra swanky "bus" that's more like a private first class ride. Instead of having to limit myself to staring out of the window for 4+ hours, I could spread out! I had my own personal workspace, including a desk, leather reclining chairs, personal flat screen TV, and snacks and drinks served!

These phone pics don't do it justice!


And when I wrapped up my work, put my feet up and looked out the window I thought about how grateful I am for everything in my life. More than anything right now, I'm grateful for a man who always works hard to support my dream and make me happy. Nothing I do for him can compare.

While a better ride won't replace actually being with Superman, I think it's a sign that we're just doing the best that we can with what we've been given. God is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment