Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Year In Review

I'm such a fan of lists, it's crazy. I get a crazy high warm tingly feeling of accomplishment when I cross things off. And between you and me... I can neither confirm nor deny that I add things on my to-do list that I've already done... just so I can feel myself cross it off. I'm terrible, I know.

Just check out my 2011 in 2011.

Yesterday The Boston Globe featured a great check-yo-self-before-you-wreck-yo-self piece looking at your own successes/failures in 2010. Here are my answers to the list (love love love!) they wanted readers to fill out:

In 2010, I gained a better half!

I lost that fear of failure I built up and found a new beginning.

I stopped worrying so much about what others thought of me.

I started living the life I dreamed about since I was in 6th grade.  

I was hugely satisfied by the unconditional support I felt from most of my friends and family.

And frustrated by living apart from my (then soon to-be) husband.

I am so embarrassed that I probably cried more last year than at any point in my life.

Once again, I grew stronger in my relationship with Superman.

Once again, I did not stop biting my nails.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is umm... I ran a 5K so maybe that makes me have a healthier bod ???

I loved spending time with my bridesmaids!

Why did I spend even two minutes worrying about haters?

I should have spent more time saying 'thank you.'

I regret buying a graduation gown (don't get me wrong -- I LOVED getting a Masters... but I'll never wear it again. Why couldn't they just let us rent!?)

I will never regret buying our wedding day even though with that money I could have bought a new house.

I worry way too much.

I didn’t relax enough.

Those-that-shall-not-be-named drove me crazy.

Was Lady Gaga crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?

The most relaxing place I went was Belize.

I feel so amazing when I write everything down.

Why did I go to my (then) husband-to-be's bachelor party? (Oh yeah, that's right. I had no choice...)

The best thing I did for someone else was ... really I don't do enough.

The best thing I did for myself was propel my career/getting a degree/get married... all in one year.

The best thing someone did for me was love me.

The one thing I’d like to do again, but do it better, is not be such a stressball on our wedding day.

1 comment:

  1. "The best thing I did for someone else was ... really I don't do enough." ---Not true! You do so much in just being you. I feel immensely blessed to have you as a friend. You have given me such good advice since I have known you and have always been there for me to talk to.

    ....and.... I got teary eyed when I read "The best thing someone did for me was love me." <----Amazing! Inshallah I can find a love like you have!

    ReplyDelete