Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Married Bachelor

Superman and I are just about the most unmarried married couple I know. We've been married for 6 months now, and it wasn't until this past weekend that we actually started to live together.

It's been quite the adjustment.

I mean, this was the scene last week when I went to Superman's place of residence to help him move out so we could cohabitate.


Yes. That's his Army issued shirt that is serving as a pillowcase. We had clean pillowcases in the linen closet, mind you. But modern day warriors don't open linen closets. So I guess a real pillowcase is out of the question.

This looks like a scene straight from a foreign Army barracks. But it's not. It's a home in suburbia U.S.of A. 


Yes. That's an MRE on our kitchen counter. A coveted beef ravioli one to be exact. We can afford perishable foods, folks. But I guess modern day warriors only consume decade-long freeze dried goodies. So I guess going grocery shopping is out of the question.

And yes, that's his ROTC issued sleeping bag that became his new curtain. Trust me, we can afford blinds. But I guess for modern day warriors, Bed, Bath, and Beyond is out of the question.

Well, at least those "curtains" match the "house decor."

This whole marriage thing is really going to get interesting...


1 comment:

  1. You remind me of my husband and I. We were married and lived a little over 8 months apart, then together for 5 months together, then 6 months apart and now almost 4 months together again... and moving in with him this last time was interesting to say the least. He did note how my apt in Virginia was so cozy and homey compared to his, now ours, in Florida :) It makes you that much more grateful for those little moments though, ie the snoring, etc :)

    ReplyDelete