Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Friday, April 1, 2011

Quarter Century!

One of the greatest blessings of my birthday this year was having Superman here with me.

Remember, he was supposed to be gone this past Tuesday. So it was great to see that the bugger was around yesterday!

This is the first birthday -- besides turning 21 -- that Superman was actually around! Each year he sent flowers to my work, but this year he hand delivered them! It was an amazing surprise that he remembered the fun flower tradition, and that he pulled me away from work for a while.

Later that evening we met up with a few of my good friends who drove all the way from the bean to the apple for a chill birthday dinner.

The great thing about the Apple is that there's no excuse not to visit... the city's fab. the people in the city are fab...


Oh yeah -- bee tee dubs. Even though Superman didn't deploy, I still got that haircut.



While I was blessed to have spent my birthday with those I love, there were also a few that I've spent every adult birthday with that couldn't be here this year. Like my best friend, Darcy -- but I did get some bloggy love from her, so check it out here!

Oh, and those pictures in her post.... I could tell you that's not me... but I love ya too much to lie to ya. Just return the favor and don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment