Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My First Bloggy Award!

A few days ago I happen to be passed along this bloggy award by the amazing FallonElla:


Wow! I am totally humbled! Especially since Mrs. FallonElla herself is such a great blogger (not to mention she's absolutely gorgeous!!)

"I love Apple Days, Army Nights, because she writes well, is honest, and I'm always drawn to her blog," she wrote.

Lady, you just made a Manhattanite blush. And that's a pretty rare occurrence, since there's a lot we see on these streets.

But of course the award does come with a few rules. I will need to share 7 random things about myself and pass along to other blogger(s).  So here's all you never really wanted to know about me...

1. I'm quad-lingual.

2. I skipped fifth grade so I'm quite a bit younger than most of my peers. In fact, I'm the youngest person in my department at work.

3. I have a new found obsession with country music. This should come as a shock to many as I lived with a country music lover for 2 years and really could not get into it. In fact, it was the bane of my living existence. But now I'm all about the dow-see-dow. (Ok let's not go that far. Just SOME country music. I won't let it get out of hand people).

4. One of my biggest "celebrity" crushes happens to be someone who works at the New York Times. That should give you a huge indication of how geeky I really am.

5. I recently realized that not a lot of people live the life they've dreamed of since they were 8 years old. I thought it was a given that if you love something and you work for it, and you never give up, you'll get there. Now I know that I'm one of the blessed few.

6. I travel, a lot. And I don't want to stop until I've touched every grain of dirt  and water drop on this earth.

7. Never in a million years did I ever think I would marry Superman. When I met Superman I specifically remember telling two of my closest friends, "Surely this guy can't be serious." I never even knew a man in the military until I met Superman. But that story is for a whole 'nother day... ;)


I'm passing this award along to my best friend Darcy's blog "Darcy's Excellent Adventure" Darcy left home and friends behind for a year to join AmeriCorps. The fact that she's living in the Midwest and leading a team of folks to do a whole year of community services says so much about her heart! I miss her but I am proud of everything she is doing!

1 comment:

  1. I am a terrible friend. We know this to be true. lol This explains why it has taken so long for me to respond to this post. You are amazing for giving me a shout out, and I happily accept this award. hahaha I'll have to think of some random things to say about myself and post them. PS The image of your Gatto's booty might have to end up being my screensaver.

    ReplyDelete