Dispatches from a go-gettin journalist. Because not all Army wives live behind the lines...

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Disappointment

I never imagined how much this this city would change me. People don't come to Manhattan to cruise -- they're here to chase and climb. The energy, ambition, and competition is extraordinary. This city has showed me a whole new meaning of success.

I've certainly tried to give the Apple the best of what I've got to offer. And sometimes I wonder how many times I've got to be stomped on in this town before I'm cut some slack.

I put in for a job a few weeks ago and found out that I didn't get it today. I know in any other town I would've gotten it, no doubt. But this is the Apple. And I think I haven't found the right formula for success just yet.

I'm totally bummed, and glad I'm taking a hiatus from the rat race this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment